Search This Blog

Monday, May 10, 2010

Dirty Girl...

     Got more writing and research done in the last week than usual, far more. Deadlines will do that. I guess deadines are our friends. Not the fun kind of friend that you like to hang out with, but the one that helps you do what you must even when it is no fun at all. Very excited about the progress I've made on my book, and workshopped it for awhile last night with some writer friends. Will be putting the whole book synopsis up to peer review for my final paper this week in my graduate class, and have put a lot of time and effort into preparing for that. I think I'm ready.
      Also put a lot of time and energy into throwing the Post Card Party last Friday nite which went amazingly well. We had approximately 300 people show up to see about 200 poems and post card size works of art on display, three of the poems were mine. It was a lot of fun but so exhausting I slept for nine hours that night, which is rare for me. You can find out more about the post card project by visiting http://www.pplp.org/.
     Right now I'm finishing up on my last critique paper for class, and then have to put my work away to figure out how the heck I'm going to get hot water back in my house. What is it with plumbers not calling back? They always act like they are the cutest boy in class. And treat you like you are the unbathed girl with your nose in a book, and a sink full of dirty dishes. Oh, yeah, that is me... but it's good for my writing, my character hasn't bathed in months ... nah.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting.