Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 29, 2015

On finishing my novel

      My goal for the winter was to hole up in my little writer's cottage and finish writing this book. I didn't mean that Mother Nature needed to see to it that I did just that. But I am happy to report that I did just that.
   

      My manuscript is finished! It is out to beta readers this week, and will certainly go through another round of revisions when I hear back from them. Right now it is clocking in at 123,000 words. It's a hefty subject!
      I have also just sent off the opening to a few agents that top my list, and while I will probably have to send it out hundreds of more times, that first launch is exciting. Like putting your baby on the school bus for the first time. It leaves you in a vulnerable state, and the waiting begins.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! Glad the snow was good for something. I hope the waiting is not too long.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting.