Search This Blog

Sunday, August 10, 2014

Dog Days Update

     I certainly have been dragging my feet about this post, and I'm not even sure why.
     I guess I didn't want to whine, much like I did in my last post, about how disappointing the low turnout at the book launch and celebration for the little Longfellow book I worked on for so many years was to me. Much like a mom, I wonder why everyone isn't as enamored with my baby as I am. Of course, I am incredibly thankful to the small crowd that did show up, and to Don Young for his fun portrayal of Henry W. Longfellow. Here he is giving he reading;




       Last night, my daughter and I watched The Book Thief, and I thought it was an absolutely stunning film; a beautifully rendered story about a beautiful story teller. I highly recommend it and feel bad about never having read the book. For most of the last eighteen months I have read little that wasn't research related, though right now I am working through  A Room of One's Own and Woman Warrior while I finish up my AROHO retreat application, itself a lengthy process of hard work. I plan to finish tomorrow!

The-Book-Thief-Review-e1361765380759.jpg (440×220)

Tonight, I am off to my writing critique group and will have an important chunk of my novel work-shopped by a group whose feedback has become very important to me. I'll ask about what is ugly and glorious in my words and they will tell me. Maybe I'll report back tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting.