From my very first post I wanted to pay homage to the speech which inspired the title of my blog, Ain't I a Woman? by Sojourner Truth. Such a beautiful speech, such a beautiful name, such a beautiful woman. It is one of my favorite pieces. I strive to emulate this style in my own work. Poetic and powerful. Honest and unafraid. Memorable. And I like brevity. It too is beautiful. This is the standard I wish to be held to as I explore the question with you ~ ain't I a writer?
"Obliged to you for hearing me, and I do have a few things more to say..."

Search This Blog

Thursday, April 5, 2012

My column for National Poetry Month

2 comments:

  1. I really love ths column T. I read it in the paper and then read it again on here. Thank you for continuing to seek out these people and their stories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for telling me. It is so rewarding to hear back from a reader. I also heard nice words from Lois and the editor of the Silver City news, so it was a good week!

    ReplyDelete