Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Poem at The Fem




      I have been studying and writing found poetry for a couple of years, and find it to be an interesting artistic practice that can be used very effectively as protest literature. I recently had one of my found poems published at The Fem, and share the link below. When I was creating it I was really struck by the number of times the officer used the word "I" especially when juxtaposed with the phrase I used as the title. I'm also posting an image of Sandra Bland found online that was published by the Chicago Tribune last year.

         https://thefemlitmag.com/say-her-name-by-tammi-truax-c6b5102682d6


ct-sandra-bland-texas-grand-jury-met-1222-20151221 (1536×2048)





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting.