Search This Blog

Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mother's Day Post


     "My mother was the most beautiful woman I ever saw. All I am I owe to my mother. I attribute all my success in life to the moral, intellectual and physical education I received from her." ~ George Washington
     Seems like a good time to announce that the novel I am elbow deep in is about George Washington. He is not the protagonist, or I didn't intend for him to be when I started. So far this book has been quite unpredictable in where it is going even though I know how it ends. It has been such a pleasure to write it  and my only frustration is that I don't have more time to devote to the extensive research that is necessary, and more hours to write.
     Toward that end I have decided that I will begin blogging about interesting things I learn in my research that look like they will become part of the story in one way or another. The introductory quote above is the beginning. I found this quote interesting, because most biographies claim GW's mom was cold, critical and demanding. And I thought that this painting (artist unknown) gives a fairly accurate presentation of the relationship as it sounds like it was.
     Funny thing about history ... we can never really know someone else's truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting.