Search This Blog

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Sunday Confession

Well, I'm pleased as punch to say I don't have to confess to being a lackluster slacker this week. It was a wonderful week to be a writer! I got much more done than usual, and am not likely to repeat what I can list off now. The really big news is that I had a meeting with a potential publisher where I submitted not one, but three manuscripts! What you need to understand is that all of those had been in the works for years, I just happened to finish up with them now. One of them, a children's book with photographs that I took, I have been working on for seven years. He didn't say how long before I will hear anything and so far I haven't heard from him. I also sent off a query letter to a national magazine but haven't heard anything about that either. I did finish rewriting my research paper to submit to Yankee Magazine, and will be sending it out this coming week. For some reason, I became unstuck with it, as I had been complaining about last week, and was able to finish it up rather easily. I read two of my poems at public venues, and listened to many other poets read theirs. Lastly, I interviewed the subject of my next column, though haven't gotten it written yet. And now I am going to start working on a poem for Haiti. I invite you to join me in this worthwhile writing exercise; http://www.poets4haiti.blogspot.com/.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting.